Monday, March 18, 2013

Goodbye, Kidney

Two years ago this month, we were dealing with some "Mayo Madness" as Missy was being thoroughly tested for her liver transplant in Arizona. Today, the madness continues as I prepare to donate a kidney to my nephew, Jody.

As usual, the road hasn't always been smooth for us, but God has been present each step of the way. Missy and I are swapping our patient/caregiver roles. This could be interesting. I hope that I am as good of a patient as she was. Those roles will be back to normal next week as she has another stent procedure.

It is definitely different being on the patient end this time. This will be my first surgery, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I thought that I might be more anxious or nervous, but that will probably kick in once we get to the hospital.

Jody, myself, and our families would greatly appreciate your prayers during this time. We are praying that this transplant will take care of Jody's health issues and that he can return to enjoying quality of life again. Now, all we need to do is find a red bow for his hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment